Step 1  Find Your School   find your school logo

Use our school locator to find your child's designated school. This is the school your child should attend based on where you live in Ottawa.

If you would like to register your child in an OCDSB school that is not their designated school, you will need to apply for a cross-boundary transfer. Please be advised that not all cross-boundary transfers are approved.

New to Canada?

The Family Reception Centre is designed to help if English is not your first language. Staff can also assist with new Permanent Resident to Canada, returning from abroad or from a French language school board. Please call our Family Reception Centre at 613-239-2416 to make an appointment.

  Step 2  COMPLETE Registration Form  registration form icon

You can complete the OnLine Registration form below or you can complete the hard copy registration form at your designated school.  

Secondary school registrations must call the school directly to make an appointment.

The following secondary schools now have OnLine Registration: 

Cairine Wilson SS, Longfield-Davidson Heights SS, Osgoode Township HS and South Carleton HS. 

Parents can complete the OnLine Registration form at the following link:

ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM registration form icon

Detailed instructions

Hard Copy Form:

Elementary (Gr. JK-8) 
Secondary (Gr. 9-12)

New JK/SK Registration

If you are registering your child for JK or SK for the first time, please complete the following:
Kindergarten Intake Form, Registration Form and optional Early Years Experience Form  

  Step 3  CONTACT Your Designated School

 contact us

Don’t forget to collect all of the supporting documents you will need to register your child:

  1. Your child's proof of age (one of the following):
    • birth certificate,
    • baptismal certificate,
    • registration of birth card, or
    • passport.
  2. Parent/Child’s proof of address:
    • tax bill, or
    • assessment notice, or
    • purchase of sale agreement, or rental agreement for a separately assessed unit,
    • along with two current utility bills. ( Driver’s license not accepted)
  3. Your child’s Ontario health card. Note: Registration cannot be completed without proof of age and address. 

In addition to the above, please bring with you (if applicable):

  • credit counselling summary or transcript,
  • Most recent report card,
  • If your child has an IEP or Special Education requirements, please provide a copy, and
  • Any issues regarding Access or Guardianship, please provide documentation.

Once all documents have been gathered, please contact your designated school to arrange an appointment to proceed with the registration process.

 Immunizations icon Immunizations

Ottawa Public Health requires proof that your child has received proper immunization. All children attending school in Ontario must be immunized against diphtheria, tetanus, polio, measles and rubella, unless there is a valid exemption. For more information, contact the Ottawa Public Immunization Program at 613-580-6744, or visit 

Parents and Legal Guardians There are many ways you can update your child’s immunization record

Extended Day Program Forms

If you are interested in registering for the 2019-2020 school year click here

 Resources icon Resources



Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2019 West Corporation. All rights reserved.